Monday, June 11, 2007

The Good Guys at Cyclemo's Motorcycle Museum

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge the good guys, because way too often it's a quick thanks and that's it.

This past Saturday, my lady and I set off on our motorcycles to visit Cycle Mo's Motorcycle Museum in Red Boiling Springs. After some great back road riding over to Smithville, we turned north to work our way back to RBS and Cyclemo's. Somewhere between Smithville and the interstate I ran over something and it hit the underside of my bike, doing damage to the brake light switch and much to my dismay, 3o miles later I found myself on the side of the road with an electrical problem, 8 miles from the destination. Carol set off to get help and Mike Silvio, owner of Cycle Mo's showed up with help and a trailer a short while later. We got the bike to the museum and after determining there would be no quick fix, we arranged storage until I could return with a trailer.

Thanks to my lady Carol who decided I should ride her bike and she would passenger on her own bike. That is one fine riding 1984 FXRT, but she says the passenger seat isn't all that great.

Thanks also to my buddy, local musician, composer and Little Hollywood studio owner Danny Ramsey who offered the use of his bike trailer. Time to get greasy!

No comments: